Monday, July 27, 2009

It's Sunny and Hot....Let's Do Something!!!!

Summer is in full effect(it's 104 outside as I write this)and the heat is about half over. I'm kind of a "glass is half empty" guy so my thoughts are on the end of summer. Before it ends I wanted to list the activities that, in my mind, are what makes summer.......well just that summer. Fall is my favorite season, but I have to admit as I wrote this the light bulb went on. I really do love summer. I know that I wouldn't love it half as much though without these 10 things.

10. Bike rides......
Living in Sacramento makes you love cycling. We have more bike stores here per capita than Seattle has Starbucks. Seriously, we have a trail that runs parallel to the American River and it is so awesome. I mean, sweaty middle aged men in spandex proudly displaying their yellow "live strong" bracelets. Who doesn't need a little of that in their life? I'm mean come on guys....you're not Lance Armstrong. Wearing that stuff and those awful bracelets doesn't make you any faster or cooler. Spandex is never ok.....ever. Those darn bracelets don't hide the oh so inappropriate bulge guys. I can still see it!!!

9. Weddings.....
Now you can't revoke my man card yet. Allow me to expound. FREE BOOZE!!!!
I rest my case.

8. BBQ's......
Having them, going to them. Just as long there is barbecued flesh I'm very happy. Let me clarify though, gas BBQ is just ok. It's no better than roasting the aforementioned meat in the oven. REAL BBQ is with charcoal. It tastes better, cooks slower and provides you with cancer causing carcinogens that you can only get from one place. BBQ!

7. It stays light until 9pm......
I enjoy the dark, but sometimes it's nice to get off work and go for a walk. A walk without worrying about wearing a reflective jump suit. Walking leads me to my next point......

6. ICE CREAM.......
Walking up the street to get ice cream has to be one of my favorite summer activities. Which makes me think, why isn't it higher on my list? I have to think it's cause we don't go get ice cream. All the places close enough for my wife and I to walk are frozen yogurt joints. Which are nice and good but are in no way near THRIFTY'S Mint Chip Ice Cream, or Jamocha Almond Fudge at Baskin Robins. I guess when I say Ice Cream I'm really saying Fro-YO. Hence it only being 6 on the list.

5. Eating outside.......
In Sacramento the nights are typically cool and eating outdoors is encouraged. I Love restaurants that have seatting outdoors. It just take the dinning experience to the next level. Fresh Air, warm nights, cold drinks OH YEAH!

4. COLD BEER.......
I debated putting this as number 1, but I was afraid that my parents(who read and keep all these posts) will try to put me in rehab. "They try and make me go to rehab, and I say...no...no..no" Thanks Amy. Seriously I don't drink beer in the winter, or the fall, or spring. It's strictly reserved for the summer months. An ICE COLD BEER is so perfect when it's 104 degrees out. With this and the free wedding booze comments I'm sure Moms and Pops are going to drive me to AA meetings for sure.
3. Laying out......
Getting a tan, taking in some color, or getting some Vitamin D. Call it what you will, but let me say this and you'll understand why I like being tan. TAN FAT LOOKS BETTER THAN WHITE FAT!!!!!

2. Swimming......
Goes hand in hand with # 3 and # 4. When it's hot out nothing cools you down like jumping in a pool. It soothes your skin and washes off the dirt and sweat given to you by a hot summer afternoon.

1. My WIFE.......
No this isn't my feeble attempt to get out of the dog house.
She never looks better than in the summer. Her gorgeous blond hair turns this amazing white and her milky skins turns this perfect golden brown. She gets these small little freckles from the sun it makes you just want to pinch her checks. She wears open toed shoes and I love her little toes painted red with her tan skin. I love her everyday of the year, but the summer is my favorite time to love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment